'Tis the Season

Image result for new girl christmas gifs

Imagine this. Christmas season; meaning hot cocoa, grandma’s homemade pumpkin cookies (and of course the sugar cookies we bake for Santa), and the infamous Christmas dinner. This is the time of year that truly takes away the tortures of picky eating.

Image result for christmas feast gifs

Christmas desserts are something that no picky eater can ever complain about. Why? Because there is simply just too many options. 

Image result for christmas cookies gifs

My favorite part is going to Grandma’s house to make the cookies we lay out for Santa. This is a Christmas tradition. My brothers and I always decorate the cookies that Grandma bakes so they’re especially unique for Santa’s arrival. We make homemade frosting and get right at it. My brothers, of course, decorating every cookie they can get their hands on as I, on the other hand, am shoveling as much frosting in my mouth as possible (the true blessing of making Christmas cookies). On top of these cookies for Santa, one cannot forget about Rudolph and the other reindeer, so we also leave out cookies with chocolate kisses on top for their treat. You see, at my house, we make sure there are plenty of sweet options for everyone: chocolate fudge, peanut butter fudge, pumpkin bars, pies, etc. so even picky eaters can have something they enjoy.

Image result for funny christmas gifs

Now for my personal favorite part of the season: Christmas Day. This is wear all cravings become satisfactory as we stuff our bellies just as much as we did on Thanksgiving. 

Image result for christmas feast gifs

To start the day off, my mom’s side of the family always has the tradition of opening gifts that Santa left us while simultaneously eating coffee cake. The perfect beginning to all beautiful Christmases. I then venture to my dad’s side of the family for the best lunch one will ever consume. This is where the true happiness of this picky eater begins. You walk in to the smell of freshly smoked ham, at LEAST 5 pounds of potatoes, and a counter full of candies. While we wait for the finishing touches, I always chow down on the veggie trays as this is one of my favorite parts of meals. Then when it’s time to eat, I always race my Aunt Nancy to the food table (she thinks she can eat all of my potatoes). As I do with every holiday and as a picky eater, I have my special separated plate to fit all of my favorite foods on without them touching. I know you probably think this is silly and childish, but let me tell you, it is a blessing in disguise. Ending the day with a full belly and endless time with family.


Image result for new girl christmas gifs

As you can see, my family makes this holiday so satisfying for a picky eater like me. They create enough food and enough options to feed a herd while still satisfying all parties. What’s your favorite holiday traditions and foods? 

Image result for funny christmas gifs

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Sandwich Life

10 Things NOT to Say to a Picky Eater

The Pizza Spreadsheet