The Sandwich Life

Image result for trying new food gif
Through my picky eating experiences, trying new foods has been a rather difficult time for me. (See blog Keep Calm and Don’t Eat the Food). But being a picky eater does have its downfalls. Since I have a particular set of foods that I eat, there isn’t much of a variety. As a result, eating the same foods all the time does get rather boring. So, slowly but surely, I have been attempting to branch out and try some new foods. The typical Kerstyn would only eat a burger with just cheese and ketchup or a sandwich with just lunch meat and bread. But, with that being said, here are some new sandwiches that I have enjoyed within the last year that everyone picky or not should try:

Image result for trying new food gif

Triple Bacon Burger
Over the summer, my grandma was in town and we decided to go to Applebee’s. Well, one look at the menu and instant anxiety because I had no idea what on earth I was going to eat… that is when I saw it…the triple bacon burger. Bacon is one of my favorite foods so why not eat a burger with bacon in the patty, topped with bacon, with a bacon barbecue ranch on top. Talk about mouthwatering. I decided I would take a leap and try it. Because, you know, when in doubt, my brother would eat it. (he’s an endless pit). This ended up being one of the best burgers I have ever eaten.

Image result for trying new food gif

Brisket Burger
I went with some friends to Thyme for a sorority celebration this past weekend. I took one look at that menu and had immediately decided “yep, I am NOT eating.” But my grumbly tummy said otherwise. Everyone else was ready to order at the table so I just suggested that I would order last. As my turn came, the waitress looked straight at me. I kept looking through the menu and was like welp, here goes nothing. Said the first thing that I spotted… brisket. My burger came and I was really nervous because it had onion rings and pickles on it. So, the picky eater I am, I completely picked apart this burger – took off all of the pickles and ate them separately, and removed all onion rings from my burger…Then I took a huge bite and was obsessed with my brisket burger. It was delicious, even with my own little picking apart that I did.

Image result for trying new food gif

Spicy Chicken Sandwich
I know what you’re thinking, a spicy chicken sandwich is not a unique meal to try. But, for me, it is. In my lifestyle, chicken is not meant to be put on buns. If you want chicken, it should be in nuggets, wings, or tenders form. Over the summer, I worked at Caterpillar where Chick-Fil-A comes once a week to cater in the cafeteria. I was super excited to get nuggets when I noticed they were only selling chicken sandwiches, regular and spicy. I was really craving Chick-Fil-A so finally I was just like, what the hell. I grabbed myself a spicy chicken sandwich with little ranch containers (everyone knows I LOVE ranch). I sit down, take the pickles off my sandwich, cake it in ranch, and stuff my face. To this day, I will forever order spicy chicken sandwiches at Chick-Fil-A.

Image result for trying new food gif 

Even though it’s hard for me, I highly recommend at least attempting new foods every once in a while. I am typically reluctant to trying new foods but I am so grateful to have found these tasty sandwiches while adventuring out of my comfort zone. Welcome to the live of Kerstyn, where sometimes trying new things is beneficial.

Comments

  1. Reading this post has me starving for a good sandwich!! I love bacon burgers, but I have never tried one from Applebee's before you made it sound really yummy I might have to make a stop there soon. I am not a picky eater what so ever so it's hard for me to relate to what you deal with at meals, but I do have some friends that are very picky so I understand where you are coming from. I think that it's great that you are trying to expand your food range, I am always trying to encourage my friends to try my dish at meals!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Pizza Spreadsheet

10 Things NOT to Say to a Picky Eater