You Don't Mess with the Cobbler

Image result for stop gif

One of the worst experiences a picky eater can have, other than being asked to go to dinner at a restaurant, is getting invited over to someone’s house to have dinner. Gosh, all these food invites need to STAHP.

Image result for ordering gif

It’s one thing to be picky and to be very particular of what to order at a restaurant, but it is a completely different story when someone is cooking you a meal. It can be really insulting when one doesn’t eat the meal given and I feel like I always run into this issue. There have been several circumstances in my lifetime that I have had to choke down some food somewhere without literally being ill. Sometimes it can be a good experience to try new things, but 9 times out of 10 I would rather die.  

Image result for choking gif

I remember this one time that I went to a friend’s house and they invited me to stay for dinner. Give or take my friends all know about my picky eating habits and obviously just enjoy watching me suffer (they think it’s hilarious). The meal sounded pretty simple, the basic meat, potatoes, and dessert to end the meal. I was like I guess this will work. So we sit down and start eating. The meal was wonderful… the dessert is where things started to turn south.
Image result for no gif

So here I am getting super excited about dessert because like who doesn’t love dessert. So here it is, peach cobbler, fresh out the oven. YUMMY. I get up to go grab my bowl of peach cobbler and that’s when it hit me. THEY PUT ICE CREAM ALL OVER MY PEACH COBBLER. THIS IS LITERALLY A HEART BREAKER. Literally could feel the anxiety building up and depression set in. my friend bust out laughing but this was not a laughing matter.


Moral of the story: 
Image result for do it yourself gif

If you’re going to invite people over, they might be picky… let them make their own plate.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Sandwich Life

10 Things NOT to Say to a Picky Eater

The Pizza Spreadsheet