The Pizza Spreadsheet

Image result for pizza gifs

Being a picky eater was a hot topic during my summer internship at Caterpillar this past summer. My group was very interactive and we went out for weekly lunches as a group for “team bonding.”

Side note: I promise you, you will never regret this in the workplace… always have team bonding over food!

So, with this being said, here is a little background: it was always difficult to go out to eat because like, I’m me, and my food groups consist of salad, nuggets, and pizza. One day, my boss made a comment about what pizza places I like. The basic girl I am responds with “Dominos, Pizza Hut, Papa Johns, etc.” because like he won’t know what La Roma’s is (his loss). The judgment I got from this is where it all started… a pizza spreadsheet was born and everyone made recommendations on pizza places in the area. We then took a team vote and ranked the pizza places as such.

Image result for pizza gifs

Not only did we try a new pizza place every week, we ranked them based on taste and quality food. This was easy for me since I ordered the same pizza at every restaurant… pepperoni pizza with Franks Red Hot sauce. (DELICIOUS. Highly recommend). 

Unfortunately I did not get to finish this fun experiment before my internship ended but it was a great experience getting to know Peoria in a picky eater fashion! Based on this experience, here are the pizza places I recommend:

Image result for pizza gifs

1. Brienzo's Firehouse Pizza This was my absolute favorite as they only make 10 inch pizza so it is very individualized and delicious. They also have amazing hospitality and a great lunch deal (comes with a side salad and a sode for $10). It's located in the heights and I HIGHLY recommend. 


2. Cheese Nuts - This restaurant is super fun if you're adventurous and enjoy specialty pizzas. Me, on the other hand, stuck with the pepperoni pizza which was amazing also. They have a really good Snow White pizza and other themes that are huge fan favorites. It is also a family business in East Peoria and a really fun experience. 

3. Aurelio's - This has a really delicious pizza buffet when you're feeling like stuffing your face. This worked really well for me because it had two of my favorite foods - pepperoni pizza and salad all in one meal. This is like 5 minutes from campus and recommend trying it out!

4. Knuckles - Lastly, this was super fun if you're into "Quad City" style pizza (didn't know this was a thing til I ate here). It is also a pizza buffet and they have AMAZING garlic knots. This is located in North Peoria so it's a little bit of a travel but still a fun experience!

Hope you enjoyed my pizza post... it was rather cheesy :P

Image result for cheesy gifs

Comments

  1. Wow I love this article! I am not that picky with my food, especially with my pizza I will try just about anything on pizza. But I will definitely have to try out some of these places in Peoria because I always struggle with finding good pizza here. One of my favorite places to get pizza is actually an italian restaurant in Peoria called Rizzis http://rizzisrestaurant.com/ This pizza tastes just like my favorite pizza that I get back home! Highly recommend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a HUGE pizza fan as well, so I greatly enjoyed this post. Coming from California, I had no idea what actually good pizza was until I moved to Illinois. I agree with your recommendation for Aurelio's, that place is just incredible. The most pizza I've ever eaten in one sitting was the first time I ever went to Gino's East in Chicago. In my opinion, that place might as well be heaven on earth.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Sandwich Life

10 Things NOT to Say to a Picky Eater